Day Eight: 128 lbs


Eight days ago, with great help from friends, I undertook an experiment in THE WALL OF DEATH, a sculpture alongside the Burke-gilman trail in the University District. The details have been slogged.

I have sold three artworks so far, the money of sales going to my niece, a mountain guide, and a dear friend. The next six pieces are dedicated to activists, volunteers, artists, people I love.

The final piece, eve 47, will fund the purchase of a food truck outfitted to serve as an all volunteer mobile meal program.

I will be here, within THE WALL OF DEATH, day and night, alone and with visitors, answering questions and showing my art until the last is gone.

I have faith that news of this experiment will call out those with the mind and means to own these lovely artifacts of ink upon paper.

I am growing more tired as the days go on. If you should visit and find me resting, do not hesitate to rouse me for conversation. If you are able, I would also apreciate as many river rocks and beach stones as you could bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment